April 13, 2012

Update on Goals


Oh my gosh I just can not believe how quickly this year is just flying by. There a many fun things happening and I am excited to report that all of my goals are coming along very nicely.

1. PhD program I have found the one that I am interested in doing. However, since I have started teaching a class down at Dixie I know I don't have the time to start it right now. I have committed to teaching fall semester at Dixie and in the mean time I will save up so I can afford to go to school.

2. TV time is much reduced, I think that happened naturally because I got a lot more busy picking up extra employment. I still watch some, but it is less than 3 hours a week.

3. Run 2 races - I will be running my first race of the year next weekend. I will be running a 10K which is going to be the first time I have ever run a 10K race before. It is a race that is being organized through my work so I am going to be a volunteer and run for free! As of now I don't have any specific plans for the 2nd race. I would like to do another 5K and see if I can get a PR.

4. My racquetball dreams have been put to a halt. My partner I had been playing with decided to get married in February so I we haven't played since then. Who gets married these days anyway? I have been actively trying to find someone else to play with, but so far no luck.

5. I have read 1 full book so far this year. I read The Peace Giver. I quite enjoyed it and it was nice that it was a quick read. It really helped give me a little different perspective on forgive
ness of others. I have started another book called
The Willpower Instinct. It talks about the science behind willpower and it is completely fascinating. I also finally finished a book that I started about a year ago. The Omnivore's Dilemma. I also enjoyed it, but I think the first part of the book was more interesting to me than the last part. I have also started reading The China Study, it is another heavily science based book and will probably take me awhile to get through.

6. I am afraid that finding a man with marriage potential is going to have to be left to a higher power, because I sure am not having much success. I have not given up however, I still fight the fight and will continue to do so.

7. Making budgeting a monthly habit has proved to be harder than I thought it would be. My work purchased Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and I listed to that, so I have been trying to follow his baby steps. So far I have baby step 1 accomplished!! I have been trying harder to budget and keep track of my money, but it has been a challenge.

8. Okay so the pull-up is one of the goals that actually makes me really excited. I am getting so close to being able to do a pull-up from a dead hang. Right now I can do one starting with a partial bend in my arm. When I did it for the first time it made me so excited. It is slowly coming along, but it is much more of a reality than when I started the year.


9. The downstairs bed and bath are coming along nicely. I hired some people to work on it and I am sooo glad I did. It had some major problems that I could have never been capable of dealing with. Last Saturday I painted both the bathroom and the bedroom and I am obsessed with it! My aunt had given me some green paint she didn't use and it makes me ridiculously happy when I look at it.



10. Erica and I are in the middle of planning out trip. Right now we are looking at going to Seattle. I have been really craving a roadtrip and I am really excited for this.

11. My birthday is shaping up to be awesome. It is not going to be with friends like I originally planned. But, I will be with my family which is going to be a lot of fun. My family planned a vacation down to Coronado California. So I will be spending my birthday on the beach, it is going to be perfect.

12. I have planned a weekend to hike Pine Valley and I think it is going to be awesome.

13. My roommate and I are going to be hiking trans-Zion in June. I am really excited she wants to do it. Also my dad and I are going to be hiking the Grand Canyon rim to rim. Pretty much my hiking season is gearing up to be epic.

14. I have not made any progress on compiling recipes, however I have started collecting more of them!

15. Desk is now in my room and making me happy.


1 comment: