December 30, 2011

New Year Goals

I came up with a list of things that I want to accomplish this next year. I am so excited because I think that everything on my list is very doable and they all make me excited for the future. I also think that these goals are going to provide for some good blog posts!

The List (in no particular order, just how they came out of my brain)
  • Find and start a PhD program - hopefully online style
  • Reduce T.V. time to 3 hours per week (can be stockpiled to be used towards t.v. marathons, one of life's greatest pleasures)
  • Run at least 2 races - any distance will do
  • Find a Racquetball tournament to participate in - most likely the summer games
  • Read at least 5 books (seeing how I only finished 1 last year this is a pretty lofty goal for me, but I figured since I won't be watching as much t.v. and will need something to do).
  • Find a man that has marriage potential and date him
  • Make budgeting monthly a habit
  • Be able to do at least 1 full blown real life pull-up
  • Get the downstairs bathroom and bedroom finished so it will be usable
  • Grow garden starts from seed my own self instead of buying them at the nursery
  • Have an amazing garden and share the abundance with others
  • Plan at least 1 adventure with friends (namely Erica)
  • Have a sweet birthday party
  • Hike Pine Valley Mountain
  • Plan at least 1 other major hiking adventure (trans-Zion anyone?)
  • Start to compile and organize recipes
  • Get desk for room to study at
  • Attend temple ordinance at least 12 times this year
The plan is to breakdown each goal so that I get started on them right away and keep track of where I am at with everything. I am pretty sure Excel will be able to help me with this. I will be sure to post updates as I start making steps towards accomplishing each goal.

Having so many fun and exciting goals is going to lead to a super great 2012! Anyone who wants to get in on any of the fun let me know and I will make sure that I let you know when I am planning on doing that particular goal.

Yipee for a New Year and a brand spanking new start...bring it on!

3 comments:

Kirby and Tara Farnsworth said...

what one book did you read last year? I want to know what good books you plan on reading this year...and let me know about races you run! I'm thinking I'm going to do a half in st. george in march...ya, not totally in running shape now, but give me 8 weeks, i'll be there. Want to join me?!

Cams said...

Sounds fun Tara. Let me know when you get registered!

Cams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.